1. Don’t load your web site with a lot of high tech
clutter. Your visitors may miss your whole sales
2. Don’t use unnecessary words or phrases on your
site. You only have so much time to get your visitor’s
attention and interest; make ever word count.
3. Don’t make the mistake that everyone will totally
understand your web site message. Use descriptive
words and examples to get your point across.
4. Don’t write your strongest point or benefit only
once. You should repeat it at least 3 times because
some people may miss it.
5. Don’t push all your words together on your web
site. People like to skim; use plenty of headings
and sub headings.
6. Don’t use site content your target audience isn’t
interested in. If people are coming to your site to
find info about fishing don’t include soccer content.
7. Don’t use 50 different content formats all over
your web site. Use the same fonts, text sizes, text
8. Don’t use words your web site visitors might not
understand. People are not going to stop and look
in a dictionary, they will just go to another site.
9. Don’t let selling words and phrases go unnoticed.
Highlight important words and phrases with color,
bolding, italics, underlining, etc.
10. Don’t forget to use words that create emotion.
All people have emotions, people will have more
interest when they are emotionally attached.