Different between AP Set and Original Set of your mobile phone.
Let,s start with Original Set first..
1. Original Set are also known as Approved Manufacturer Set.
2. Your mobile phone are distribute by a legal dealer by manufacturer.
3. Manufacturer are fully responsible of all phone warranty . This warranty are given by manufacturer. NOT by legal dealer.
4. Customers can get their service at all registered service branch if your mobile phone are still in warranty.
5. software updates from time to time. This important for all mobile phone user, especially 3G phone.
6. The warranty include damage of your LCD, NOT if causes by fell it down and water.
7. Longest time of warranty for accessories.
1. Most of AP Set phone are imported from others country outside of Asia.
2. Thats make the operating system are different from local operating system.
3. Warranty that given are from dealer. Not by manufacturer.
4. Dealer are mostly cannot upgrade the mobile phone software because didnt have any tools to do so.
Why we need to buy Original Set?
1. Mobile phone that you buy from legal dealer, you can get their service at all registered service center.
2. Warranty for your mobile phone and LCD are 1 year, while your battery and charger are 6 month.
3. Always use original tools for repairing.
What is the risk if buying the AP Set?
1. Limited warranty. ( 1 year for mobile phone, 1 month for accessories, NOT include LCD).
2. Need to bring back to shop that you buy the mobile phone for any services.
3. Maybe your mobile phone are Recond Set. (Recond Set is used mobile phone that imported from other country and it have been repaired. The outside accessories have been change to new and sold as AP Set with a warranty of 1 year).
How to know which one are Original Set and which one are AP Set?
1. Legal manufacturer set got sticker of legal dealer.
2. List of legal dealer are shown below:
a) Motorola -> Brightstar, MDM and Samart
b) Nokia -> Avaxx, Samart and Zitron.
c) S.Ericson-> Midland, T-Choice and Thorus.
d) Samsung -> First Mobile Group (FMG).
e) O2 -> Exquisite Model.
f) DOPOT -> SIS.